I was initially going for the saran wrap look but hadn’t realised that the cling wrap was supposed to take the top layer of wet polish off your nails as opposed to using the cling wrap like a sponge to apply the polish. I like how my nails turned out in the end though and I thought that the glad wrap worked quite well as a sponge. Here’s what my workstation looked like, I was watching “Girls” in the background.
1. Dab one or more different coloured blobs of polish onto some newspaper
2. Sponge the blobs with a rolled up piece of cling wrap
3. Sponge clean areas of the newspaper with the cling wrap to get rid of the excess polish
4. Sponge polish onto nails using the cling wrap
5. Repeat steps 1-4 until satisfied with how it looks
6. Clean up skin around nails using remover and cotton buds or a small brush
Essie Protein Base Coat
China Glaze – Life Preserver (dark orange creme)
Sally Hansen – Magenta Moves (fuchsia pink creme)
LA Colors Color Craze – Sea Foam [NP504] (minty-turqoise creme)
Revlon – Golden Charm (gold metallic foil)
Poshe Topcoat (quick drying topcoat)
Want to be updated on new posts?
Follow me via the links at the top of my sidebar.
If you enjoyed this post I’d really appreciate it if you took a second to “like” it.